SSIS Job fails using Domain Account

• SQLRNNR (3/14/2013)

SQLRNNR (3/13/2013)

Welsh Corgi (3/13/2013)

Seemita Das (3/13/2013)

Did you check the 'protection level' on the package? I had faced a similar error earlier and it was resolved after I changed the protection level from 'EncryptAllWithPassword' to 'DontSaveSensitive'.

I'm doing that but that is not relative to my problem.

The only password that it has to save is the Login to the AS400 which is not a Windows Account.

The Job that Executes the SSIS Package which is stored in MSDB succeeds when I have the SQL Agent running using my credentials.

If I switch it to a Domain Account SQLServerAgent it succeeds.

Have you tried adding the Agent Service Account as a user on the AS400?

I didn't see the answer to this question so am re-asking it.

We know it works with your account but not the service account. Have you tried adding the service account as a user on the AS400?

Thanks for your response.:-)

The AS400 Account is not a Windows Account so I can't add it to the AS400 as a User.

Something wierd with the Windows Account is going on.

If have had issues before and I had to grant permissions to a folder that the SQL Server Agent Account was attempting to access a file (SQL Server Related config File).

I also had to make changes to the Local Security Policy which has caused me problems before.

You hinted about the file system and although it is not doing any File System Operations when the Job runs it has to have certain permissions to SQL Server Files.

I tried to google the error that I listed on my initial post but I could not find the solution.

Thanks again.

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/

• Let's take AS400 and Oracle out of play.

Do you have a simple package (can be meaningless, trivial, or just a table load from one db to another) that can be used to test?

The idea there is to eliminate all the extra variables and get one package working. If that simple package also fails, then we have more information on where to look.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply