SSIS Jobs Not Executing

• I am fairly new to Sql Server but this seemed like such a simple task. I created a SSIS Package that imports data from a flat file. The Package runs fine but when I try to run it as a job it fails on step 1

Executed as user: PRODUCTSERVER\SSAgent. The package execution failed. The step failed.

That's the only error code I get.

I set up a proxy called PublicProxy

I made it active to all of the subsystems

On Principals tab I can only add

NT Authority and

SQLServer2005SFTEUsers

I can't add ProductServer\SSAgent as a principal <- I think this is where my problem is....????

I have a credential called RunPackage set up for ProductServer\SSAgent

But still no luck

I am logged into Management Studio as windows authentication - ProductServer\SSAgent when I try to run the job...

I have read info on MSDN and everywhere I can find and I think I am doing everything right but this thing just doesn't run!!!

Please Help!

• If I'm not wrong, when the job runs, it runs in the context of the service account that starts SQL Server Agent service. Make sure that account has sufficient permission to the file system, or make the folder shareable so that account can access it.

• Ok here is what I have -

The folder is on a AIX Machine running Samba, it's a shared folder for exports from our Unix Eclipse system...

The folder is mapped as a network drive onto my SqlServer under the Account of Domain\administrator and Productserver\SSAgent

In the Sql Server Configuration Manager I have Sql Server Agent Services logon set to "This Account" - Productserver\SSAgent

Inside Management Studio under Security

I have Productserver\SSAgent Set up

All Server Roles are Checked

User Is Mapped to All DB's

All DB Roles are Checked for All DB's

Nothing Under Securables - I can't add anything, I try to and it doesn't save...

I set up a Credential Called RunPackage

Identity for this Credential is ProductServer\SSAgent

Then I have the PublicProxy Setup

IN General, I have all Subsystems Checked

In Principals, I have NT Authority and SQLSERVER\SQLServer2005MSFTEUser

I can't add ProductServer\SSAgent it doesn't Save...

In References, I have Job name - ItemUpdate and JobStep ImportData Subsystem is Sql Server Integration Services

In Job ItemUpdate

In General I have:

ItemUpdate

Owner is DOMAIN\Administrator <- could this be the problem? I will change this and try after I finish this post...

The Enable Box is Checked

There is only 1 Step - ImportDAta

It's set to run as PublicProxy

Server is set to use Windows Authentication

\TestPackageis the name of the package

Under Data Sources Tab

I have DestinationConnection

and SourceConnection but neither are checked...

I haven't done anything else in any of the other sections on this tab...

That's all my info..

And now I changed the owner info and I am getting a different error...

Unable to start execution of step 1 (reason: Error authenticating proxy PRODUCTSERVER\SSAgent, system error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.). The step failed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply