SSIS Lookups

• All-

I have a package that is supposed to populate the fact table. My source is an OLE DB provider that I run a query against. The query will have 3 dates per record, createddate, invoiceddate, and payment date. When I use a lookup to match the date against the full date alternate key of my time dimension, it will only work for one date, then the other two will be null. Why won't the lookup work for all 3 dates? I have checked to make sure all dates are in the time dimension, and the formatting is the same from the source as it is in my dimension...5/5/2009 12:00:00 AM

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

• It sounds like you are trying to use a single lookup to return the alternate key for 3 values and the lookup doesn't work that way. You will need a lookup for each date you need a key value for.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• That's how I have it set up and it still isn't working 🙁

• Be sure that you have the lookups set to ignore errors so the values that it doesn't find in the first lookup can fall through to the other lookups.

It should work just fine like that, kind of like stair steps. Lookup the keys for one date column, then fall through and lookup the keys for the next date column, and so on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply