SSIS on Vista Ultimate: long delay

• I moved an SSIS Project from a Win 2003 Server (2 GB of RAM) to a Vista Ultimate 64 computer with 4GB of RAM.

The database is SQL Server 2005 and the IDE is Visual Studio 2005 Premier Partner Edition SP1.

While on the server the execution of the first task starts almost instantaneously, on the Vista computer it starts only after 2 minutes.  After that the tasks are executed quickly.

What could be the cause for the delay?

Thank you very much

• I have not tried this on Vista, but a common performance issue is certificate checking.  By default, managed code that has a certificate will cause the OS to check those certificates at run time.  If you do not have internet access, these checks will hang for 15 seconds each until they timeout.

If your Vista machine does not have internet access then you need to amend your Internet Properties.  Look in the Advanced tab, then scroll down to Security.  Clear all items that include the word 'certificate'. 

If you have a PKI infrastructure on your domain, then do not clear these settings.  Instead, talk to your infrastructure people about the delays.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply