SSIS "Out of Memory" error

• I have an SSIS package that exports data from SQL Server to Oracle, about 10 database tables. Each table has about 4 million rows of data. The tables are fairly narrow and consist mostly of varchar, int and datetime data. There is a parent package which gets a list of databases to export, A for each container and has a call to the ssis package that actually runs the export. The child SSIS package runs in its own process.

I wasn't getting the error until the second table was being exported, now everything is running really slow and I get the error during the first export. I've tried different buffer sizes and buffer rows but still get the error. I am running locally on a 32 bit processor with 1 GB memory. Should I move the package to the database server? I don't want to impact performance there but don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Karen:(

• Hey Karen,

You may want to look at an article published by Microsoft on SSIS performance tuning, which will explain the SSIS architecture in quite a bit of detail

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/ssisperf.mspx

"...If Windows runs out of memory, SSIS begins to spool buffer pages..."

Good luck with your performance tuning!

~PD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply