SSIS package

• Hi, I’m new to Integration services SSIS. I have developed a package & want to deploy it.

Before that, I want to rename the package I developed from ‘Package1’ to some meaningful name.

a)       Will it affect the contents of package?

b)      Do I need to rebuild the solution so that .ispac file will be updated to show the new package name ?

My customer is asking how to know that SSIS is installed in the SQL Server set up there at his location. I have answered like, in the SSMS, the ‘Integration Services Catalog’ will appear. Is that a correct answer?

• a) The rename should not break any logic in the package.

b) Yes, a new ispac will be required.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for the reply;

Kindly answer my last query: My customer is asking how to know that SSIS is installed in the SQL Server set up there at his location. I have answered like, in the SSMS, the ‘Integration Services Catalog’ will appear. Is that a correct answer?

• It will depend on the version of SQL Server

If 2012+ then yes otherwise that db won't exist and will not prove that SSIS wasn't installed.

The only way to know for all versions is to go to the server and run the SQL server installation center, go to tools and run the installed sql server features which will give you the details of what is installed. (there are other options to get this)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply