SSIS package Automation

• I am loading 5 different CSV files into sqlserver DB (into one table), I am doing this monthly once manually,

Any one suggest me how to automate this process by SSIS (source path for CSVs are local machine, some times FTP also)

One more thing, how I can load CSV file into share point URL?

Thanks in Advance

• Not too sure what you are asking for.

If you are asking to automate running a package then use a SQL Server Agent job to run the package every day / week or whatever is required.

If you are asking about loading in the data then csvs into one table is straight forward. Get all the files into one directory, for each loop container ,... ole db destination and job done. FTP task for the FTP.

Use a few variables for file names etc and thats that.

Ells.

😎

• all 5 csv's are not in same format, that's why I can not use for each loop

• I am looking at trying to do something vaguely similar to create one package that will take different format files and load them in.

You could still use a for each loop. It could loop through all of the files in the directory then use a conditional constraint on say the file name so if success and file name is 'filename1.csv' then down to data flow 'load file 1' and another constraint... and so on.

I would just go for 5 packages each one set up for a different file structure going to a different destination. Then automate them by using a SQL Server Agent job that contains 5 steps. Each of the step will execute a SSIS package.

Job done.

Ells

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply