ssis package doesn't work in job

• hi guys, i hope you can help me, i created an ssis package in which it creates an excel spreadsheet, then this package zips this report by a vb script, everything works fine when i run it manually , but when i try to run it by a job it doesn't work.

• Does the agent account have the appropriate rights? You should setup a proxy with the appropriate rights to run the package.

• Well, what doesn't work? Do you get any error messages, anything in the job history or the package log? More information will get you more help.:)

Greg

• i get no errors, in the job it comes out as ran successfully.

• You need to check the job history. Right-click the job and view the history. If it is not working it should tell you why in there. I think you are encountering a permissions issue. When you run the package in BIDS, you are running it with your credentials; however, when it is scheduled as a job, it is run under the agent account. The agent account does not have the same rights as you. You can setup a proxy account with the credentials needed to run the job and select the proxy in the jobstep RunAs dropdown.

Addtionally, how do you have your job steps setup? You do not have continue on error setup do you?

• For example does the Agent account have access to the directory where you are creating the Excel spreadsheet?

• indeed it was a permissions issue! thank you soo much!

• NP, glad I could help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply