SSIS package fail in job

• I just recently have a issue in ssis package. we have nightly running package. i verified the connection in the package. there was an error with connection. password was missing. once i ernter the password every thing map just fine but when i close and open the package again passwad not there. connection errror. when i check the job history there is error 0xc0202009. does any one have idea what is going on.

Thanks

Sagar

• do i have to re-config the package.. any suggestion?

• My suggestion for you is to define username and password in connection string rather than username and pwd field.

• There is a ProtectionLevel property on your package to determine how usernames and passwords are encrypted. By default, only the NT login that created a package can decrypt sensitive nodes, so people often have trouble when a package is deployed and then run by the job agent.

In addition to this, SSIS will not save many passwords. ODBC connection strings, for instance, will not retain their password regardless of how you save the package. In these cases, you have to use package configurations or expressions to manage the passwords. This was done for security purposes and is by design.

• Use config files to store the connection strings and set the package protection level to Don't Save Sensitive

Regards
    Venkat
    http://sqlblogging.blogspot.com[/url]

• Thanks for the help..

I have Question on using same package. while runing package during update... there is several email sent out via automation if users are left to another department or some changes. is there a way we can track those email within ssis package.

Thanks

Sagar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply