SSIS Package Failure

• I have a SSIS package that that consists of a container grouping several package execution tasks which runs them as a unit to load a data warehouse. The package has run for the last 6 months without any problems however recently has started to fail on random occasions at different points, one error refers to an Invalid date format and would appear to be occur within the same package but on different tables each time an error occurs! I have checked the default language of SQL Server agent and that is set to British as are the tables. If I rerun the package everything works as expected for both errors which is making it impossible to replicate the error.

I have listed the error logs returned below, any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.

1) An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Cannot generate SSPI context".

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "SQL Server Network Interfaces: The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed.

".

2) SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Invalid date format".

• I think the most interesting error there has to be the "SQL Server Network Interfaces: The clocks on the client and server machines are skewed." , I'd troubleshoot the clocks on the machines that are in communication with each other. If someone has turned off the auto sync time with time server , then thats gonna cause problems, especially if you are using integrated security as comms with the Active Directory and security do have a time component, and hence the SSPI context errors.

I would expect this problem to be consistent though if it was just the case the clocks are out on the machines...

• Thanks for the reply. As you say, you would expect the error to be more consistent. I have checked all the clocks and everything is synch'd as it should be.

Cheers,

Dave.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply