SSIS package not updating excel spreadsheet once run once

• Hello Forum,

I have successfully copied out a select view 'MyView' to a excel 2007 file.

I want to set this up as a job, to run basis to overwrite the results on the spreadsheet MyView.

But when I run it again manually or through sql agent it fails, and it is quite basic

I have attached my steps.

Copying to `MyView` (Error)

• Error 0xc0202009: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

• Error 0xc0209029: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR. The "input "Destination Input" (39)" failed because error code 0xC020907B occurred, and the error row disposition on "input "Destination Input" (39)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

• Error 0xc0047022: Data Flow Task 1: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "Destination - MyView" (28) failed with error code 0xC0209029 while processing input "Destination Input" (39). The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Is there not an option to overwrite, I do not wish to append.

Full doc of my steps are attached

• Hi Trout,

wondering if you ever found a solution for this?

thanks

• That error seems to indicate a problem with the an ole db connection. What is the source? 9 times out of 10 this problem comes from conversion/truncation problems. If you open up the package, you can add data viewers in the data flow task that will give you more insight into what is happening. bing ssis data viewers to find out more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply