SSIS package tasks precedence

• Hi,

I have SSIS package which has 5 tasks. Task in the my packages runs in this order task1-->task2-->task3--->task4--->task5.

Today when I ran the package it started to execute from 4'th task instead of 1'st task in package.

I thought that someone somehow must have changed the tasks precedence but, that was not the case. precedence was exactly same as it was before ie; task1-->task2-->task3--->task4--->task5. SSIS package tasks precedence changed automatically. can anyone throw light on this issue?

Thanks In Advance.

• Is it possible you've got one or more tasks disabled? They'll appear shaded in silver if they are.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• You can also check whether Checkpoint has been enabled. If checkpoint is enabled, if the previous taks execution has resulted in error in 4th task, then it would start from 4th when u re-run it

• Nope all the tasks were in the enabled state, firstly that only I checked.

I am still facing this issue. whenever this issue raises I just remove all the arrows and replace those with new ones. miraculously this works. I don't want to do this every time. Please suggest something by which I can fix this permanently. I goggled but couldn't find anything about this.

• even no checkpoints placed.

• is anyone able to identify?

• As sad as this is, you might just try creating a brand new package that does the exact same steps and replace the existing one with it. In my experience, sometimes it appears that the XML in the background gets messed up and the only way to correct the issue is to rebuild the package. This of course is not the best option because you still don't know what caused the issue, but if you're in a time crunch and have to get it done quickly this might work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply