SSIS Package worked and then stopped

• I create a package that has a foreach loop container, inside the FE container the is a dataflow, script task and a file system task, on the outside of the FE loop I have a SQL execute SQL task. I had it working then it just stopped. Been looking to see why but can't see why, is there something I missed. I changed the onError script task event handler, to propagate = false, because the last file in the source directory is being written to until 11:59 pm and is locked, and I get error file is being used by another process. I am at a loss as to why it would just stop working.

• We need more information. You say it "stopped working", but never said what the exact definition of "working" is, nor exactly what it means when you say it "stopped". Stopped how, exactly? What did it do or not do?

• Worked means successfully completed the operation of reading the data within the flat files, inserting it into a table as One column, then copy the file to a different directory, substring the data in the process table "colRow" then substring it and Insert it into a table with the data cleansed, removing any space special characters, and any converting of the data that is needed. This all worked, but it stopped after the third party company upgraded the software, is it possible for them to not allow script to be ran on the server, such as a script task, because they have been fighting me the whole time I have been trying to create this report, they want the Consultant fees for doing this. I removed the script task, which all it was doing was checking if the file exists, and processes only the ones that don't already exist and now it works again.

• cbrammer1219 (6/23/2014)

Worked means successfully completed the operation of reading the data within the flat files, inserting it into a table as One column, then copy the file to a different directory, substring the data in the process table "colRow" then substring it and Insert it into a table with the data cleansed, removing any space special characters, and any converting of the data that is needed. This all worked, but it stopped after the third party company upgraded the software, is it possible for them to not allow script to be ran on the server, such as a script task, because they have been fighting me the whole time I have been trying to create this report, they want the Consultant fees for doing this. I removed the script task, which all it was doing was checking if the file exists, and processes only the ones that don't already exist and now it works again.

Probably permissions in some form or another. The security context that your package runs under might not have sufficient authority any more. Seems likely it was an attempt to shut down your ability to self-report, disguised as an attempt to make the server "more secure", and intended to drive revenue.

• I fixed the issue, they had changed permission to the directory I was copying the files to, so I just granted permissions to that folder again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply