SSIS Packages Scheduled from Job

• Hi,

I'm Schedulling a SSIS package from a JOB and this Package inturn calls some child SSIS packages.

Problem :

When Schedulling the job ,SSIS Package could not able to load the child packages .If the service account under which the JOB is running is an admin on the BOX then main package could able to load the child packages other wise it is throughing error.When I schedulled the Packages individually all the packages are executing fine.

Do we need to take any speacial precaution ?? while scheduling a package which calls a child package from another package, I doubt about the properties in SSIS only.

Thanks,

Durga

durgaprasad.y@gmail.com

• I'll be interested to hear more about this, and whether it is an issue, since I'm likely to have similar issues once my current piece of work get's out of design phase.

some questions:

What account is SQL Server Agent and the Job itself running under? Are those account domain accounts?

Your parent package - is it doing any network activity, or only local? How about the failing children packages?

Do all child packages fail, or just some? If only some, are they all the ones that have network piece's?

Have you got loggin on, and does that give you any useful info?

CiaO

• Another question....what's the error?

-Jamie

• Firstly Jamie I'm a very big fan of you.. I almost read all of your blogs regarding SSIS in Conchango.com

coming to the error..for any kinda error job is throwing the same message

I donr have the error message.. but it's kinda like so and so user cannot load the package and failed in step 1

If scheduled individually packages are getting executed..to give some more background

In one of the child packages I'm creating a temp table and then using in susbsequent phases and later dropping them .. due to which I have given delay validation option yes and running the packages in seperate thread

Any kinda of help is appreciated..

Thanks

• This is a really useful article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918760/en-us

-Jamie

• I guess that you are using SQL server agent to schedule the job?  is it feasible to schedule a package thru the o/s system tools/scheduled tasks function?  I have not seen any documentation to this effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply