SSIS Permissions

• Hi,

We're beginning our testing phase of a 2005 upgrade from 2000 and I've run into an issue concerning SSIS. It seems I can only access SSIS remotely if I have admin rights to the server. While this isn't a big deal on our dev box, it is a problem on our production server.

Since SSIS uses windows authentication only, do I need full admin rights on the server where 2005 is installed? If not, what permissions are appropriate to run SSIS without full access to the server?

I haven't found any explicit documentation on the subject so any help is much appreciated.

-Matt

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Take a look at "Security Considerations for Integration Services" in BOL.  There are many links that you may find useful.  There are SSIS roles that can be used, and folder permissions that can be set, and files that need to be kept secure.  Maybe you'll find what you're looking for.

Linda

• Linda, regarding your last post.

What is "BOL"?

I am having problems in the firing off of a SSIS package externally from outside of SQL Server, say from a local web service or a web server.

I think that it is down to Security, permissions and the like.

Thanks

Dave

• Sorry. BOL means "Books On Line" which is the help documentation for SQL Server.

• The article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337083.aspx?PHPSESSID=7c61ntavm1dmu84rl10kephll5 explains how a user can excute an SSIS package interactively (not by scheduled Agent job)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply