SSIS Precedence

• Woot - thanks for the QOD.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Michael Riemer (8/19/2010)

Interesting question!

I don't quite see how the first answer doesn't also qualify if the group is within the sequence container? Depending on the nesting you have in the package both the first or third could be right or wrong.

I am sorry if the question I am about to ask is too naive: A sequence container in my understanding is used to bunch a group of tasks (again "tasks" could be for example script tasks, executables or nested containers).

Now if the "group" is within the sequence container - does it mean there is only one sequence container in the package? I am taking "package" and "group" as synoymous. Pls let me know.

To me it makes complete sense that within a package - there could be individual "tasks" and then sequence containers having "tasks" and while it does not look possible (in my opinion) to link the TASKS WITHIN THE SEQUENCE CONTAINERS with tasks OUTSIDE the sequence containers - it looks completely logical to link the Sequence container itself with other tasks within the package.

Saurabh Dwivedy

My Blog: http://tinyurl.com/dwivedys

For better, quicker answers, click on the following...
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Be Happy!
  • Some excellent points raised here.

I could have been clearer if I'd added language to indicate more about the arrangement of the tasks, groups, and sequence containers. Perhaps adding language to indicate I was thinking about a package containing only a sequence container and three grouped tasks, with the group containing only tasks and a sequence container continaing only tasks.

If only you could have seen the diagram in my head when I formulated the question.

I did not think about the question in that light and apologize for not being more clear.

Andy

Andy Leonard, Chief Data Engineer, Enterprise Data & Analytics

• My eyes stumbled over this several times... "inside groups"... maybe if the questions had been ordered a bit differently it would be easier to figure out which answer is correct.

Jamie

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply