SSIS Questions 101

• How to connect to a Share point site from SSIS 2005 ?

How can i download a file and upload a file to the same share point site. I think we need to use FTP connection manager but not sure. What is the right answer ?

Is there any other way or option to view/monitor the transformations in Data flow tab other than the Dataviewer option?

What credentials would the SSIS package take by default if the packages are migrated from DEV to PROD ?

What are the other ways to modify the connection manager details without touching the package other than

1) modifying the config xml file ?

2) modifying the login credentials in the SQL SERVER table (used as a Config) ?

• shyamhr (6/3/2011)

How to connect to a Share point site from SSIS 2005 ?

How can i download a file and upload a file to the same share point site. I think we need to use FTP connection manager but not sure. What is the right answer ?

I am not aware of any out-of-the-box options that allow for connectivity to Sharepoint, I think there might be some third-party tools to make this connection. Also, what do you what to upload to sharepoint? You might be able to use a webservice.

Is there any other way or option to view/monitor the transformations in Data flow tab other than the Dataviewer option?

Within the data-flow, you can throw a script transform into it but what kind of monitoring are you looking for?

What credentials would the SSIS package take by default if the packages are migrated from DEV to PROD ?

That depends on the package protection level and the kind of security that is specified in the connection managers. If the package protection level is the default then all private information such as credentials are encrypted and carried with the package, however, that information can only be decrypted by YOUR login, if any other user opens the package the credentials can't be decrypted and you will get verification errors. If you have used trusted security then the user that is opening/executing the package's credentials will be used.

What are the other ways to modify the connection manager details without touching the package other than

1) modifying the config xml file ?

2) modifying the login credentials in the SQL SERVER table (used as a Config) ?

You can modify the information as part of a SQL Agent job directly or you can use a config file.

I would say I am quite happy that you don't want to modify the package as it moves from environment to environment..

CEWII

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply