SSIS Rowcount and Conditional Split

• Hi All,

I'm reasonably experienced at SSIS, but have come accross a problem I just can't sort out - I'm sure it is simple and I am overlooking something obvious!

I am trying to send an e-mail confirming the output of a package based on a conditional split of data. The conditional split works perfectly, and the e-mail fires off just fine. However, the rowcount I have added does not update the variables.

It looks like this:

CONTROL FLOW: [Execute SQL Task] --> [Data Flow Task] --> [Send Mail Task]

DATA FLOW: [OLE DB Source] --> [Conditional Split] -(multiple)->[Row Count]-->[Flat File Destination]

Each arm of the conditional split is the same layout, with different destination filenames and a different variable for each rowcount. Each file is generated perfectly (and yes, when it is run you can see how the rows were split up between the conditions). Everything has gone green lol.

The mail is sent, but the variables are not updated. As in:

File Destination A: 0 Records

File Destination B: 0 Records

File Destination C: 0 Records

File Destination D: 0 Records

If I set my variables to 1, then the e-mail send with 1. Debugging shows me that my variables are all still at their original value pre-Send Mail firing.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help everyone! 🙂

-Andrew

• Do you have only one rowcount component or multiple ones? Do they write to the same variables or to different ones?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• What is the scope of the variables?

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Thanks for the responses guys.

I have multiple rowcounts each writing to a different variable. I've also checked for :crazy: dumb coding errors in the expressions that call the variable at the other end - all fine (not that it should matter as the watches I have set up are showing that the variable is not changing from the start to the finish of the process).

The scope of the variables is definitely global.

My best thought at this stage is that there is a property or permission that is not set correctly somewhere, or even that my SSIS install might need to be redone.

Thanks again all.

• http://www.programmersedge.com/?p=1492

I'm having same issue, row count doesn't perform as we expect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply