SSIS SCENARIO

• Hi all,

Excel sheets would come on a regular basis in a "To Process" folder in a drive. I need to read data from the sheet and load in a destination table. After that the sheet should be renamed and moved to a "Processed" folder. The next time, when the same sheet arrives, you have to do a 'compare and load' in the destination table or if there are any updates, you should insert as a new record.

I tried this using variables and for each loop container, once i start to run the package it showing the below error..please find attachment

can any one help on this...

• There is a problem with your expression. This is an expression for a connection manager, but you put it on the name property, which won't accept the \.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Hello,

Seeing your error, I feel you are using Visual Studio 2008 R2. Instead of doing all the steps you mentioned above, can you please see if you could load data straight away from the excel file to the destination.

Please use the same connection string and make a straight move of the data from EXCEL to the destination with out involving any variables. Please post your response if the data is moved with out error when you are trying to do a straight move of data.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply