SSIS Script Transformation

• I have flat file source and redirecting the error rows.  Using the script transformation to collect the row data in xml and then using oledb destination to populate into SQL Table.  Script Transformation runs 4 times for single truncation error and populates 4 rows to the table.  Can some one provide any input why Script Transformation  runs more than once?

Thanks
    Mohammed

• Could you please post your script transformation's code so we can see what you're doing to build the XML? You may also want to attach a data viewer to the error flow going into the transformation and another to the data flow going to the OLEDB destination to confirm it is your script component that has the problem.

Andrew

• Hi Andrew
    I am not able to attach the code and other screen shot.  I have enabled the DataViewer and noticed that the error row in Source Flat file is being passed 4 times.

Thanks

• ShuaibV - Monday, May 8, 2017 12:17 PM

Hi Andrew
    I am not able to attach the code and other screen shot.  I have enabled the DataViewer and noticed that the error row in Source Flat file is being passed 4 times.

Thanks

Then perhaps there are 4 "error" rows in your source?

• I was using the for each loop container to process the files in the folder and that was causing the error to populate multiple times.  It took a while to determine the issue.  Thanks all for the input.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply