SSIS service not starting - Please help

• Can anybody help me here?

I get following message when I try to start the service for SQL Server Integration Services.

The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details.

When I check application error log, I see following...

date: 3/29/07   source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

----

description:

EventType clr20r3, P1 msdtssrvr.exe, P2 9.0.242.0, P3 45e8fd91, P4 msdtssrvr, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 45e8fd91, P7 2, P8 5, P9 system.entrypointnotfound, P10 NIL.

• Has it started in the past?

Is it started with an account that has appropriate authority, or has its password changed ??

• What service pack level are you running ?  If you are at SP1 there is a potential bug that I found that the service will not start under certain conditions. There is a hotfix available from MSFT or the fix is in SP2 as well.

• I am also getting the same issue. Tried resintalling sql 2005, applying service pack1 then service pack 2 but have the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

• Just an update to my previous post. The problem with integration services not starting seemed to be an error in the .net version 2 machine config file on the local server. The file had an additional connectionstring key added in error. Removed the entry and now able to start the integration service.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply