SSIS using SFTP (WinSCP) - issue with service account

• Hi,

I have created several SSIS packages all of which use SFTP and WinSCP as the 3rd party tool.

I can run these without issue in my dev environment, but when I deploy to my test server, the service account seems to have an issue with executing the sftp which occurs within an Execute Process Task.

If I run the packages via Stored Packages and Run Package, it also works - I assume this runs under the a/c I log in to the server with.

Can anyone tell me how I can assign the correct permissions to the service account?

Thanks in advance.

• What's the error message that's being thrown by the task? It could really be a number of things.

• You might want to check out the WinScp automation FAQ at http://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq#scripting_automation.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Thanks for the replies folks. I got it working by running the WinSCP app under the service account, which craetd the key required for it to work when called through a job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply