SSMS Active Row Background Color

• Hello Everyone

I hope that you all are having a wonderful day.

This has been bothering me for sometime now, but I had to take the time today to try and correct the issue. But so far I cannot find where to make the modification to correct said issue.

IN SSMS, using a grid view to display the data, on any query that I execute, I cannot select the row marker on the far left and see the entire row in any hi-lite color. Mine is white. Where might one modify this to change the color to something else? This is only doing this on a Windows 7 box. I can see a nice color on all my Server 2003 and Server 2008 boxes.

Thank You in advance for your assistance, comments and suggestions

Andrew SQLDBA

• Not sure I understand the question completed but to change the default colors in SMSS

Tools -- Options -- Environment -- Fonts and Colors

• I tried that, but still the same. I found some other colors come from the OS. But I cannot seem to find the place to modify this color.

Andrew SQLDBA

• Interesting ... I did a google search on this and found some people changing row colors with code but nothing in SSMS

• AndrewSQLDBA (6/26/2012)

Hello Everyone

I hope that you all are having a wonderful day.

This has been bothering me for sometime now, but I had to take the time today to try and correct the issue. But so far I cannot find where to make the modification to correct said issue.

IN SSMS, using a grid view to display the data, on any query that I execute, I cannot select the row marker on the far left and see the entire row in any hi-lite color. Mine is white. Where might one modify this to change the color to something else? This is only doing this on a Windows 7 box. I can see a nice color on all my Server 2003 and Server 2008 boxes.

Thank You in advance for your assistance, comments and suggestions

Andrew SQLDBA

Try going to performance options (by searching "Performance Options" after clicking Start in the search box) and choose Adjust for best performance option.

Alex S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply