SSMS shows is Busy when right clicking on the Instance Name

• Hi Everyone,

Recently I installed SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows 2003. In SSMS, whenever I right click on the instance name, SSMS will pop up the following message.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is waiting for an internal operation to complete.

Will like to check if anyone has encountered this issue before ?

I have searched on the net and some suggested that by right clicking on the Windows task bar could resolve it but unfortunately for me, this didn't work.

Any advise will be appreciated !

Thank You !

• Open Task Manager and check what is the CPU and Memory usage on the box. Also check which process on the system is utilizing more CPU/memory on the system

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Is this happening at the server or on a local workstation? Check to see how much memory is allocated to your SQL Server instance and also take a look at your virus-scan software (they tend to be a memory hog).

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
    Elroy: Nope.
    George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.

• Hi everyone,

Just to update on this item. This behavior only happens whenever I used an admin account. I have created an admin account which has lesser privileges than the administrator account, I guess it might be some security related issues which caused this behavior.

When logged in using my SQL Server Windows account, I did not have such an issue.

Regards,

Al

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply