SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c

• We have a SQL Server 2005. Everybody including me was able to connect to the machine using both SQL & windows authentication mode.

I recently gave access to a new user (windows authentication) & now he's having trouble logging into the server from his machine using windows authentication & the error he gets:

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: ]

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: ]

Please help.

~Thanks

• Run Profiler and trace the username trying to connect.

Are you sure the user is connecting with Windows auth? Can you connect from that workstation with your credentials?

• 1. I tried to login using my domain with windows authentication from the user machine which runs windows xp. It worked.

2. I tried using a sql login from user machine. It worked.

3. I tried using the user domain. It failed.

4. I ran the trace. And, i got the same message below:

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT: <...IP Address...]

• Is the user's domain account in the same domain as your user account? If so, does the user have issues when connecting to other network resources such as shares or websites where the user has to enter in a different password than what the user uses locally?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I experienced this issue this morning and seeing the number of issues others have had with it, and very few tips on resolving, I thought I would post my experience. I found that the user account had become locked. When she tried to cross domains and log into SQL Server, my server generated a Severity 20 alert and threw this message:

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed.

The user received the error message posted above:

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply