SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c

• I think there is a level of frustration with this issue because of several factors:

1 - The error occurs inconsistently.

2 - The error occurs due to several factors

3 - The error has multiple causes

I see this error on multiple servers. Actually - they are all clusters. Each one is being accessed by a different application. Sharepoint is one. Another is a PACs system. Another is a clinical application. Sharepoint is obviously a web app, but the others are not.

This error will occur if you are using an Windows service account and you change the password. It will also occur when you change the password for the account you are accessing the SQL instance with.

In my case, none of these events are occurring.

Does anyone have any idea where I can start looking? I've talked to my AD team and they don't see an issue. I'm thinking it might be a network issue with an occasional packet being dropped during authentication, but proving that is so far out of my league it's ridiculous.

• Ed,

Does your applciation reside on the same server as your SQL engine?

• Ed,

Does your applciation reside on the same server as your SQL engine?

• also, if this is a web app I would highly recommend using the following tool. I have used this tool serveral times to resolve my SPN issues. It works Great!.

http://blogs.iis.net/bretb/archive/2008/03/27/How-to-Use-DelegConfig.aspx

• also, if this is a web app I would highly recommend using the following tool. I have used this tool serveral times to resolve my SPN issues. It works Great!.

http://blogs.iis.net/bretb/archive/2008/03/27/How-to-Use-DelegConfig.aspx

• The applications do not reside on the SQL clusters.

I am looking at your link for the web app issue, but SharePoint is the only application that is actually a web app (out of five completely different SQL clusters that are experiencing this problem).

• An SPN is a Server Principal Name and is typically used for Kerberos authentication. Without the SPN SQL will shift to NTLM type authentication for your typical Domain type of authentication. If you

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply