SSRS 2005 email permissions

• Hi all

I am trying to set up a subscription to email a report to a distribution list in Exchange server. Works fine if the distro list allows "everyone" to send email to it.

We're trying to lock down the list so only certain users can send email to it (company policy I'm afraid). If I add permissions for our Agent account (domain) and our mail profile email (domain as well), the report does not get delivered.

Does anyone know the user that must have permissions to send to a specific distribution group from SSRS?

Thanks,

Andy

• there are several ways to do it.

you can simply hard-code the names of people on your list: this way it only goes to one you want to, if you only have a few people :-).

otherwise, a distribution group must be created and the report will go to that group. add ones who needs this report into that group -- it's the most flexible one because it'll be easy to maintain later on -- removing + adding people.

• thanks for the reply.

the distribution group works fine if Exchange permissions are set for "everyone" to email it. what we're trying to do is lock down the receiving permissions to the distro group AND still allow SSRS to send messages to it.

I think SSRS is working as an SMTP relay so there may be no way to do this...

thanks

andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply