SSRS 2008 bug ... returns #Error incorrectly

• Some of my new reports include an Expression on the page.

When the report comes back it shows #Error on every line.

But when I advance to the second page it shows the correct values for the expression.

And when I go back to the first page where it was showing #Error, it shows the correct values.

Obviously we can't put a report into production when it behaves like this.

Is this a bug which experienced SSRS programmers are familiar with?

Does anybody know what causes it? or how to resolve it?

• I haven't had the same exact issue, but I've had an issue where a field started showing up as #ERROR on my SSRS report due to a data conversion issue in SSRS. It's been awhile so I don't remember exactly what the issue was, but we corrected it by making sure we handled the data type right in TexT Box Properties under "Number".

If you can paste the expression and let me know what kind of data the expression works on I might be able to help more.

• Thank you, Joseph.

Here is my Expression:

=iif(Fields!DEATHSTATUS.Value="DEATH","died "&iif(isNothing(Fields!DEATH_DATE.Value)," ",Fields!DEATH_DATE.Value)," ")

But from what you said maybe what I need to do is not join a date directly to a literal but first convert it to a string.

I'll try that and report back whether that does the trick.

• Joseph,

Changing my Expression as follows seems to have solved my problem.

=iif(Fields!DEATHSTATUS.Value="DEATH","died "&iif(isNothing(Fields!DEATH_DATE.Value)," ",FormatDateTime(Fields!DEATH_DATE.Value))," ")

Thank you.

• Hi David, I'm glad you found the solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply