SSRS 2008 List problem

• I have a report that I've set up a Page Header to appear at the top of each report page. Then, I have detail fields that appear in the tablix. In doing this design I have a List that is created around my header textbox and my tablix.

My problem is that whenever the report runs and there is not data to be returned the tablix headers and borders are completely invisible. For the life of me I can't figure out how to correct this?!?!? I know it must have something to do with the list box because when I pull the tablix out of the list and run the report the tablix headers and borders appear. Granted they are empty but that is what I'm after. I need the tablix to be in the list box for the page header to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• This is kind of a sideways solution to your problem.

I occasionally put a kind of error handling in the query so that if no records are returned, the query returns "no records found" or something like that for the value of one of the expected columns. This way the query always returns some kind of data. Something like this reassures users that the report ran and didn't find anything, rather than it didn't run properly.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply