SSRS 2008 Parameter requirement.

• Hello ALL,

I am back again....

I have three drop downs as parameters in the report namely P1, P2 and P3.

They are in the order as P1 , P2 and P3 in the report and P2 and P3 are dependent on P1 ie.,

User while selecting/running the report selects Parameter P1 and the other two should be refreshed. This is achieved.

Now the problem is he can either select P2 or P3 and depending upon the selection the other dropdown should be disabled, one case is okay with me like if he selects P2 I am able to disable P3 but if the use selects or opts P3 can P2 be disabled ? is there a way ? can anyone clarify me on this ?

Thanks in Advance.

• You could put an Expression around the possible values.

And use the value of the other parameter to define the possible values.

And then do not present any options.

Potentially you could write an expression for the hidden property of the parameter. This would need to be inserted directly in to code (So be careful!!). also i have not done this before for parmameters but i have done for things you cannot usually insert expressions.

Otherwise you could have a drop down that has two values one for each parameter and then use that to decide how to display in further boxes.

Hope this helps

• The last option of maintaining two options and deciding the heirarchy looks pretty good. Thank you for your suggestion.

But for the first work around I tried to put an expression in hidden value but failed to do it and hit the ground with some failures and lessons.

Let me try out the last option and get back to battle field again.

Thank You very much for your quick suggestion.

Is there any more ways I can reach my destination. Can anyone suggest me more.

• I thought that might happen Maddy fiddling with the code can be really good but you usually fall flat on you a**e regularly.

Another option would be to combine the two drop downs if possible. Not sure what data you have so this would all depend on that.

Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply