SSRS 2019 Prompts for authentication

• I have a new SSRS 2019 installation and when users access the site they are prompted to authenticate. Once they do this, everything works fine. However this didn't happen on our SSRS 2016 estate.

How can I get this to just open without prompting? I've tried WindowsNTLM and WindowsNegotiate (SPN has been registered) in the AuthenticationTypes but this makes no difference.

Also, can anyone advise why the site will only work with an FQDN? We are using https if that helps.

Thanks.

• Is the SSRS 2019 site in their single-signon internetzone? Browsers don't allow single signon by default

For IE it would be Security -  Local Intranet ( Verification of user: only automatic in intranet zone)

• Is this still happening? This happens quite a lot in my environment and if accounts/SPNs are setup correctly it is usually the result of browser policies not trusting the site and therefore not allowing Kerberos through. If you can reproduce the issue in Firefox you might be able to test a workaround:

• Open Firefox
    • In the address bar type about:config and hit Enter
    • You will get a warning box, click "Accept Risk and Continue"
    • In the "Search Preference Name" text field, type ntlm and hit Enter
    • Double-click on "network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", add in the name of your SSRS server (i.e. reports.yourdomain.com) then click the checkmark to the right of the setting to apply the change
    • Retry accessing your site

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply