SSRS and Intranet

• I have inherited a swag of SSRS reports, comprising some sort of portal, built purely using SSRS.

There is a heaps of parameters passed from report to report using "parameters", there is a homepage with buttons, which reads the user permissions and directs the user from report to report and finally back "home".

As you can imagine there is an ugly yellow bar up the top with some dropdowns allowed on some reports.

I can imagine maintaining this "monster" will grow into a big pain in the back.

Has anyone written a nice and comprehensive guide of how to build an intranet in ASP.NET with the usage of SSRS?? I am interested in how to best utilise the SSRS functionality and also have nice features of "normal" web-site.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

VALEK

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

• You can look into using the ReportViewer control.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (4/15/2009)

You can look into using the ReportViewer control.

Thanks for this, not very helpful.

I know there is a control and that I can use it. What I am looking for is a guide to developing Intranet with SSRS support.

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

• Check out my book, "Learn SQL Server Reporting Services 2008". This book will show you the basics of using the SSRS 2008 but not building a complete asp.net web site around it. There is one complete chapter on using the Report Viewer Control both for windows as well as for asp.net web pages.

Check it out and download free chapters,

http://hodentek.blogspot.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply