SSRS Chart X-Axis Labels & Data missing

• Hi,

I've seen this issue before and I'm aware of the standard solution but I think I have a new type of issue.

Basically, I have a chart whereby some of the x-axis labels are missing, and am using SSRS in SQL Server 2014, standard deployment.

The dataset "Display_Data" shows a simple output of 4 fields (Date, MonthLabel, VLCC, MR)

All I am displaying on the line chart is MonthLabel on x-axis and VLCC and MR (these are 2 separate categories) display as 2 separate lines.

I have "post-back" buttons in a table above the chart which allows me to use the "Action" property to jump to the same report (Globals!ReportName) and there are 2 buttons allowing 2 choices (either LTM or 5Y); basically 5Y brings back 5 years of data whilst LTM is last 12 months.

So the dataset is calling a stored procedure and I pass the chart type and chart period as parameters.

Problem is (and I've tried everything so far) the x-axis is not showing the full data set labels.

So, if I select "LTM" it should show this: (don't worry about Feb as no data for 2016 Feb yet)

M A M J J A S O N D J

but it shows this only:

M A J S O N D

I have set the following options in Horizontal Axis Properties:

Axis Options

---------------

Axis Type: Category

Side Margins: Auto

Interval: 1

Interval Type: Auto

Labels

-------

Enable Auto Fit

Major Tick Marks

-------------------

Position: Outside

Length: 1

Set custom interval - interval: Auto

Set custom interval - Interval Type: Default

Minor Tick Marks

-------------------

Disabled

For "5Y" the data set returns (this is since Jan 2011)

J F M A M J J A S O N D J F M A M J J A S O N D J F M A M J J A S O N D J F M A M J J A S O N D J F M A M J J A S O N D J

but the chart shows this only:

J F M A S O N D

Can you help?

Thanks

• ok, I fixed this and it's a bit of an annoyance in how SSRS renders charts.

Turns out I have to have unique labels in the chart axis.

So as soon as I replaced JFMAMJJASOND with Jan Feb Mar Apr ...etc then it works.

It appeared to be grouping the x labels.

For Year/Month axis for 5Y had to label as MMM YY, e.g. "Jan 11"

Anyway, it works now.

What a pain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply