SSRS error

• Hi All,

We have ReportServer database that is used for running reports using SSRS, now when I try to access the website http://locahost/Reports, I'm getting following error

Invalid object name 'keys'.

Can anybody please suggest a work around? I'm really frustrated with this one.

Thanks

• Hi,

This the first time Im seeing such an error.

I would suggest you to try this:

In inetmgr, select the Reports folder, brows the Homepage.aspx which is appearing at the right side.

If still you are getting the same error, can yo delete the ReportServer and Reports virtual directories and re-creat it and deploy the report.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• Hi MC,

Thanks for the reply, if I browse to .aspx file it still throws that error, now my question is if I delete the database and folders will I be losing any reports that were configured? The original installation was done by somebody else and I don't know how it was configured. Can you please provide me any link to re-install the SSRS software or re-create the ReportServer Database?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi,

When you delete these virtual directories, the already deployed reports will no be there, you might have to configure it again and then redeploy the reports.

Unfortunately I don't have any documents but I can provide you the steps.

1) Remove all the Reports and ReportServer folders.

2) Navigate to AllPrograms--> SQL Server 2005

--> Configuration Tools-->Report Server Configuration.

3) Here create the Reports and ReportServer folders.

4) Once you created these, you can see it in the

inetmgr.

Now if you brows the homepage.aspx (as mentioned already) you can see the Home page where your report will be present once you deployed it.

Now in the solution where you creates the report,

1)Right click -->Property

2)Make Overwrite DataSource = True

3)Select Target Server URL , you can see the description at the bottom. as per the description the url should be

http://servername/reportserver

servername = Name of your Sever

now save the solution , right click the report and Deploy it. Now if you brows the HomePage.aspx in the Reports Folder you can see the report.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply