SSRS External Image problem

• Hello Forum,

Hope you guys are doing well.

I am having a problem with SSRS report which is rendered as HTML. It has an external image, the image is hosted on the web server. When i view the report in the report viewer I am getting 407 warning (Proxy authentication required).

The report needs to be sent as email body, in the email the image is not showing up.

Any suggestions on how to make the image visible?

Thanks in advance, Shilpa.

• Hello Forum,

Just a bit of clear picture about my project.

The SSRS 2008 report is rendered as HTML4.0 format using the using microsoft SQL reporting service provided WebService.

The render method returns me a bytearray, which I converted to string and pass to SSIS variable.

And the SSIS variable is added as a email body.

The problem is that the external image in the SSRS report is not displayed when we recieve the email. However I get an option of "If there are problems on how this message is displayed. Click to view in the browser" from outlook. When I click the link still the image is not displayed.

I hope I am clear about my problem.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance, Shilpa.

• Plz guys I need some suggestions.

Would it be better if I just used a html page instead of SSRS report? If yes can you guys post some suggestions on how to generate the html page and pass it to the SSIS EmailBody Variable?

Thanks, Shilpa.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply