SSRS Hosting

• Good morning all,

I work for a company that has begun a venture into data integration services. We have lots of great clients who trust us with their data, to summarize and aggregate it, and report it back to them. Most of what we have done so far has been done with an SQL Server back-end and some custom websites on the front-end - for reporting.

I've recently started to explore the potential of SSRS, with great results. It occurred to me that our company could pay for web-hosting that would include SSRS hosting, and do all of our client reporting via SSRS. Has anyone had experience with this before? Are there any gotchas that I'm not thinking of? Any anecdotes, caveats, warnings, blessings, etc. would be very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

• One issue may be licensing - you'd need a processor license really unless you know and can control the number of users utilising the reports (which you should do as you don't want just anyone viewing your clients' reports!). Take a look here for more info to help you make the decision: -

http://ladylicensing.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Very useful blog by the lady responsible for Microsoft Licensing in the UK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply