ssrs interview questions

• plz send ssrs interview questions and answers

• My first question

What is SSRS?

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Sorry I realized that you wanted answers also.

The answer is SQL Server Reporting Server. 🙂

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Are you asking this because you are preparing to interview people for an SSRS position or to prepare for an interview for an SSRS position?

• Q: What is SSRS?

A: 42

Q: What are the advantages and disadvantages of SSRS over competing products like Crystal Reports?

Q: Why do you keep saying "42"?

All seriousness aside: If you're looking for a cheat-sheet for an interview, I highly recommend buying a book on the subject and studying it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Gus made a great suggestion. In addition to the book, install it, configure it and play with SSRS to get a better understanding.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Remember - sheat sheets and quick fix info will only get you so far.

Rather invest in the books suggested, and familiarise yourself.

This will also make you more confident in your interview.

Trust me, employers can quickly spot who read the backpage of the book, and who read he whole book.

You'll reap the rewards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• yes , I am preparing for interview for ssrs position .plz send ssrs interview questions and answers or send links

• siddaiah.k (12/4/2009)

yes , I am preparing for interview for ssrs position .plz send ssrs interview questions and answers or send links

With respect, if you aren't ready for the interview based on your own knowledge and experience, why would we want to help you get a job you may not be qualified for anyway?

The suggestions above are valid. Read, read, read, pratice, practice, practice. That is how you will learn and retain what you need to know to successfully pass an interview. Memorizing questions and answers is not the way to go in this regard. In simple terms, it is cheating. It is cheating yourself, as well as cheating the employer, and other potential employees.

• Please refer to the url below:

http://www.careerride.com/SQL-Server-Reporting-Services.aspx

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

• siddaiah.k (12/4/2009)

yes , I am preparing for interview for ssrs position .plz send ssrs interview questions and answers or send links

Where are you interviewing?

As for the link provided, If you plan to take that to an interview (or any cheat-sheets or braindumps), with you - don't plan on being successful at getting the job. Interviewers will be able to spot the person who has memorized Q and A like that.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I'm willing to provide you with some questions that might come up in an interview, but I won't give you the answers, you need to find them yourself.

What are the default roles in Report Manager?

How do you conditionally set a property like background color based on data in the report?

How many different types of parameters are there in reporting services, what are they, and how do they differ (advanced question)?

How do you setup BIDS to deploy a report to different servers or locations for debug and production?

How would you define a report to set a page break after 10 rows?

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Hi

I have consolidate few interview questions...

you can check these questions on www.sqlserverquest.blogspot.com

Randheer Singh

----------------------------------
    CheckOut My Blog for SQL Server Realated Topics and Interview Questions for SSIS , SSRS and TSQL.

http://www.sqlserverquest.com/p/ssrs-interview-questions.html
    http://www.sqlserverquest.com/p/ssis-interview-questions.html
    http://www.sqlserverquest.com/p/tsql-interview-questions.html

• Please note: 2 year old thread.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply