SSRS ISSUE

• Can you tell me

what is the issue of below scenario.

I have developed one report in ssrs.

in that report have total 3 .5 lakhs rows but when i had run that report it was showing out of memory Exception.

when i was run same query in sql server it was took 44 sec..

pls tell me how to solve this issue...

• Make a smaller report or get more memory in your server or get a more powerful server.

Why would you want a report with 350,000 rows displayed? Reports are usually for human review, and nobody is going to want to read that many rows.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• i have developed one report in ssrs.

when i had run that report it was showing out of memory Exception.

when i was run same query in sql server it was took 44 sec and it gave 3 .5 lakhs rows

can you tell me .

how to solve above issue.

• GSquared nailed it, not enough RAM and a report with 350000 rows is not practical, but heck why not just repeat the question? Einstein said it best, "the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome."

"This issue occurs because the computer does not have sufficient memory to complete the requested operation."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909678

To be fair, there are some cases where you are legally required to produce a massive report like that. That is a rare exception and if truly necessary you might have to consider one of these options.

1. Get more RAM or develop the report on a server with more RAM

2. Break it up into smaller parts or chapters and using minimal formatting.

3. Don't use SSRS (or Crystal or any other reporting tool that marks up with nice formatting) and roll your own .NET app that appends to a text file chunk by chunk

• subbareddy542 (7/5/2012)

i have developed one report in ssrs.

when i had run that report it was showing out of memory Exception.

when i was run same query in sql server it was took 44 sec and it gave 3 .5 lakhs rows

can you tell me .

how to solve above issue.

Same thing I said last time. Either create a smaller report, or get more memory in the computer, or use a computer that already has more memory.

There is no other solution.

Just because a query runs in SQL Server (I assume you mean Management Studio), doesn't mean it will run in anything else, including SSRS.

Out of memory error means you need more memory, or you need less data. That's all there is to it. There is no magical pill you can take that will make the error go away.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply