SSRS - Page Header row, even when part of a row group, doesn't show on last page

• I've looked at a lot of posts that all reference using the tablix member properties for the row group that's the static member.   I've been using this functionality successfully for years...  BUT...

A report I have with 5 groups in a tablix, even with an extra group (on the value 0) for the express purpose of page headers, doesn't show those row headers on the last page for a given parameter value, where the last page has only one subgroup on the page.   Other parameter value choices (for the topmost non-fake group) don't have either the problem or just one sub-group appearing on the last page.   I've looked at as much as I know about, and can't seem to stop this from occurring...

Agghhhh!!!!  Beating myself up on this one...

Anyone?  Sue?

• No response, eh?

Okay...  well, here's more details:

This morning's testing indicates that this only occurs when the last page holds a single instance of the fifth group and all it's sixth group members thereof.   I have the first five groups "STATIC" tablix member's "Repeat on New Page" property set to True, and it's consistently having the very last page fail to see the first group's only row, which contains only the column headings.   Groups two through four are entirely hidden, and even deleting those rows made no difference.  They have no content, but apparently, that's not the cause of the problem.   It just seems likely that there's something in the way of a simple rule that I've in some fashion violated or ignored out of a lack of knowledge (or exposure).   I need very much to get this working, so any form of assistance, including any kind of SWAG (scientific wild-ass guess) is welcome.   PM me and I can provide a phone number if a phone call might make it easier to explain every detail.   There's bound to be something I've overlooked, or some critical element that is missing in all of this.

• BUMP.....

I'm getting nowhere on the MSDN site...   Would really appreciate any assistance of any kind at this point.   Just don't understand why this is occurring and all MSDN support is saying is put it on the site for "feedback and suggestions"...   yeah, like that's gonna somehow produce a better result when the purpose of the MSDN site is actual support?

I've certainly seen MS folks do some odd things, but this one kinda takes the cake.  No mention made of other support personnel that were asked about it, no attempt to try and further diagnose it, no request for the RDL file...   only an initial suggestion about adding page breaks only to the outermost group, "between instances of the group", as if somehow that was going to change the behavior in the desired direction.   Everything I had already read online was in the "more useful" category.

Anyhow, I'm willing to either make or receive a phone call on this one, so please feel free to PM me in that regard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply