SSRS report export to Excel

• Hi,

When I export SSRS report (2008 report server) to excel the formatting is not the same as in report server. The rows are merged and collapsed. Is there a way to maintain the formatting when exporting reports to excel.

Please help.

Thanks

• sql_ques (4/24/2012)

Hi,

When I export SSRS report (2008 report server) to excel the formatting is not the same as in report server. The rows are merged and collapsed. Is there a way to maintain the formatting when exporting reports to excel.

Please help.

Thanks

It depends on how the report is formatted as to how it will look in Excel. Same with PDF. It's a trial and error type thing unfortunately, as most display issues are.

You'll need to modify the layout of the report such that it is acceptable when rendered in the SSRS Report Viewer, as well as in Excel.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• opc.three (4/24/2012)

sql_ques (4/24/2012)

Hi,

Please help.

Thanks

It depends on how the report is formatted as to how it will look in Excel. Same with PDF. It's a trial and error type thing unfortunately, as most display issues are.

You'll need to modify the layout of the report such that it is acceptable when rendered in the SSRS Report Viewer, as well as in Excel.

+1

In my experience SSRS is a little "twitchy" when it come to exporting reports

Any images or text boxes ect that you have on your report will cause cells to merge upon the export to Excel

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply