SSRS report generation slow

• I'm facing an issue in SSRS 2008 reports.

Occassionally it takes time to switch from one dataset to another. Looking at the profiler data, after executing one SP, it waits for some time to execute another SP.

The data source is from SSAS.

Any ideas, Thanks in advance

Cheers.

John

• are the sp pretty good size

might be compiling

• Let mee correct my previous message.

Its no the switch from data set.

Before generating the report, under the hood, the server executes serveral internal SPs.

After the execution of GetCompiledDefinition SP, it takes a good amoount of time to go to the next one which is CreateSession SP.

Any ideas why this is happening.

Its these steps causing the delay for report generation, no the actual data calculations.

Cheers

John

• Check the profile of the stored procedures in SQL server management studio one of them might be too big or taking so long.

• Thanks

These are internal procedures which are called during the report creation.

These sometimes work faster. Sometimes slow. So its not related to SPs.

John

• Take a look at this blog http://sqlcat.com/technicalnotes/archive/2009/01/14/reporting-services-performance-optimizations.aspx from the sqlcat team , which should help you to tie down where the problem(s) lie.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Narrowing down the problem. I beleive the time taken is not related to the caching problem.

When a request is sent from ssrs report page, the analysis service starts an MDX query. Then there is a delay in starting the next MDX query. THis causes an overall delay for a report to generate.

Any ideas friends?

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply