SSRS Report Parameters - Multi Select

• Hi Folks,

I have a report and there are 2 parameters. Country and Sku. Country is drop down and sku is empty text box. I will select any country from drop down and i will type the SKU (for ex : CWF-01377) and then click view report.

Now the new requirement is, in SKU parameter, i need to mention 1 or more values (comma seperated) and then i need to get the report. (for ex : CWF-01377, CWF-01378, ...)

so i select one country.....type 2 or 3 SKU with comma seperated and then click view report.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

SK

• You can use Jeff Moden's 8K splitter (from this site) to create a table object containing the comma-separated values & then inner join this to the query to filter the results. - That's if you are using a stored procedure.

If the query code is written directly in the report you can just put the comma-separated parameter in an 'IN' stmt e.g.

where SKU IN (@SKU)

• The previous posts are right online:

http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2866/sql-server-reporting-services-using-multivalue-parameters/[/url]

• Thanks for the comments...

but my parameter is not a drop down....its a empty text box where i should enter year seperated by comma.

Ex : 2007, 2009, 2013...

• It doesn't make any difference - you would handle the resulting parameter in the same way.

• Hi

Did you try using the split() function ?

=split(Parameters!SKU.Value,",")

You can affect the result into another parameter or simply add it on the dataset (tab parameters)

It will return a table value you can use in a query with an In() :

... SKU in (@TableValuedSKU)

:w00t: !!!GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! :w00t:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply