SSRS2000 users please try...

• you get with the image wizard. I have looked and read in the Books On Line and thru my book Hitchhikers guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services there is 4. Embedded, Project, Report, and Web.

I only have the first three and seem to missing the Web option.

I don't know if it's because of my edition of SSRS or I might be missing an update or BOL and the Hitchhikers are both wrong and it's ONLY available in 2005 or better.

Now if someone told me they where running SSRS2000 and they do have the fopurth(web) option It's me or mine.

If they don't and it's other then the Enterprise Edition maybe the books are wrong.

Does anyone have the web option in their wizard?

• I'm sorry my friend but the books and BOL are not wrong. There are four image options.

We no longer run SSRS2000, having upgraded to 2005 however, I know for a fact that we did have all four options available while we still were on 2000.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that your IIS or some other app is not configured correctly. It's not seeing an internet connection so it's not offering you that option.

I know it's not much but I hope this helps at least a little.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]toolman[/font]
    [font="Arial Narrow"]Numbers 6:24-26[/font]

• Thank you very much for the response.

It is a huge help just hearing that positively the all 4 options is available in 2000.

Now what do I need to do to get it???

I'm not our network admin so I'm at the mercy of him but would you think it could be the SQL 2000 version?

• I doubt it. If you're running the standard or better edition you should have it. We've always run the standard version.

I'm not the database or network guy here either so like I said, I'm only guessing.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]toolman[/font]
    [font="Arial Narrow"]Numbers 6:24-26[/font]

• Again thanks for your help and time.

• I have 2000 and only get the 3 options you describe.

• There is an update out there that my network admin got that gives you the 4th option(Web).

However I see in an earlier post you are migrating to 2005 and it is in there as well.

If you do load that update let me know how it works out.

I've been having troubles running VS 2003 and it may be because of that update. I can't uniinstall it.

My VS 2003 freezes up if i make any changes to the data set while in the Data tab. Eventually it does run(After 320 or 30 minutes running). However my Admin is running the same version with the same updates and no problem. He is running Vista and me XP. That is the only thing different that I can tell.

I'm at the point of re-install but waiting to hear from anyopne what they think of re-installing. I've got 1 1/2 years worth of tweeks. I hate to start over and loose something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply