Stored procedure fails when executing with SSIS package :"Communication link failure"

• Hi all,

I am wondering if you guys have any experience with failing Stored Procedures running inside a SSIS package with the following error:

=====================================================

Executed as user: GAALPSVR034F\SYSTEM. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 8:51:22 AM Error: 2008-05-19 09:06:55.15 Code: 0x00000000 Source: usp_SLIM_Site_PreProcess Description: TCP Provider: The specified network name is no longer available. End Error Error: 2008-05-19 09:06:55.18 Code: 0xC002F210 Source: usp_SLIM_Site_PreProcess Execute SQL Task Description: Executing the query "Exec usp_SLIM_Site_PreProcess" failed with the following error: "Communication link failure". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 8:51:22 AM Finished: 9:06:55 AM Elapsed: 932.203 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

======================================================

Sometime it fails when gets called through a job and sometimes even when a package is open in a design mode. The actual Stored Procedure NEVER fails if called in SQL Server Management Studio.

Any ideas or suggestions will be very helpful and appreciated

Thanks for your help!

Jacob

Jacob Milter

• I guess it is the problem with the network so the communication error.

-V

• THanks for the answer, but it runs fine if outside SSIS!

Jacob Milter

• Can you provide more information regarding your SSIS package? How are you executing the Sp in SSIS?

😎

• Lynn,

Thanks for your reply.

I am executing through the Execute SQL object:

Exec usp_SLIM_Site_PreProcess

Very simple code!

it runs fine outside BIDS!

Jacob Milter

• Lynn,

One more thing:

Sometimes it runs fine even as a job!

But when it fails the only way to rerun is the query editor.

THanks again

Jacob

Jacob Milter

• Okay, so you are using an Execute SQL task; that doesn't fully answer my question regarding your SSIS package. How is your package setup? What else is in your package?

😎

• This part of your post is critical in determining what is wrong:

Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned

😎

• Lynn,

You lost me there...:)

This package contains 7 other Execute SQL tasks...

Could you pleas elaborate your question?

THanks for your time!

Jacob Milter

• Lynn,

Got it!

ResultSetType Property - ResultSetType_None

Connection Property - DEV12.biaatl.us.ups.com.SLIM_Develop.bia_db_sql_id (valid name that we use work perfectly!)

Parameter Mapping - No parameters are needed.

Thanks again for your time and effort

Jacob

Jacob Milter

• Do the other Execute SQL tasks work okay?

• Lynn,

Yes! And the properties are the same.

THanks again

Jacob

Jacob Milter

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply