stored procedure running slow

• I have a stored procedure that getting time out when executed on production server, but very fast (about 5 secs only) on development notebook.

its a sql server 2008 r2, has about 1500records to loop using cursor, do some update tables. a simple stored proc.

I did a backup data from server, restored on my notebook (which has express edition), the sp runs well in just a few seconds.

What should I check then? I guess it must be something on sql server itself (or windows server), the server is new installed (standard edition), they were using express edition before decided to buy standard edition/

thank you.

• How does the hardware (memory, cpu, 64bit v 32bit, hard disk speed and type), compare between the two?

Have you examined the execution plan from both machines and checked for differences?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• the server computer should be much superior that my notebook, but thanks for advice, will check about this.

about the execution plan, I dont think that was the problem, i have the same data (just restored data from production) and it runs well

• Any chance of getting us the execution plan from both of the servers.

• I'll post them later, im not on my desk at the moment.

thank you very much for helping.

• here are the execution plan from server and local notebook..

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply