Stored procedures now have ;1 appended to their name

• Just upgraded my PC and now my old Access database front end apps have stopped working. Looks like a problem with stored procedures.

The front end is an Access 2000 project and the database is SQL server from Small Business Server 2000.

On my new PC, running XP pro SP2, all the stored procedure names in the database window have ;1 appended to them. What that all about?

Any forms using stored procedures as their data source are failing to open. How do I get round this?

Help would be much appreciated.

• The ;1 part is the be able to have any number of live versions of the stored procs under the same name. I think you'll either have to redo the procs on the server, or redo the calling names to append the version number to the call : exec dbo.SpName;1 or something like that...

• i agree - ';1' sounds like copied objects. do you still have the original names - if not then that is the problem - why not rename them back and see what happens?

• Your stored procs are fine - the problem is with Access 2000 - there is a bug in the original release.  If you install Service Pack 1 or later for Office 2000 this will go away.

• Thanks to all of you for the feedback.

I'm downloading the Service Pack as Ed suggested.

Will report back later.

Cheers.

• Ed was right. Service Pack SR-1 for Office 2000 fixed it.

But many thanks to you all for the invaluable feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply