Stored procedures with parameters in RS 2005

• I have a PROC with two parameters (@Startdate and @EndDate) and when I create a new report in RS, select command type = 'Stored Procedure', type the name of the PROC and execute, the dialog box appears prompting me for the start and end dates. I enter the info and it returns an error saying that the PROC expects @Startdate???? I've gone into Reports>Report Parameters and created them there as well as going into the properties of the data set and adding the parameters to the parameters tab and I'm still getting the error. I've searched discussion boards, Microsoft's site, etc., and followed the directions exactly as stated and STILL nothing. I thought it may have something to do with having a temp table in my PROC so I created a simple PROC without any temp tables and guess what.....still nothing. Can anyone shed some light on what the problem could be?

• can you exec the proc ok form QA?

Kindest Regards,

Martin

• I can - I believe I may have actually found the problem. I was using an ODBC connection and when I changed it to a SQL connection, it worked

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply