Strange...Cannot create procedure.

• You have corruption in your database. It's corruption in the system tables, so CheckDB is not going to be able to repair.

I don't suppose you know when the corruption occurred or if you have a clean backup without corruption?

Since it doesn't appear that there's much data in the db, I would suggest you script out the DB, bcp out the data and create a new database.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • ThankYou Gail. I have done exactly what you said in your mail.

One more thing... supposing that this is live production database with a large amount of data what are the options available for this problem.

"Keep Trying"

• Chirag (5/29/2008)

One more thing... supposing that this is live production database with a large amount of data what are the options available for this problem.

Pretty much the same. CheckDB can't fix errors in the system tables, so if you have no uncorrupt backup, you're left with bcp out, create new DB, bcp in. (and I had the pleasure of spending 2 weeks of evenings doing just that to a 500GB database once)

It's why it's very important to do periodic integrity checks so that you can restore a backup if you get corruption and so that you can easly determine when the corruption happened.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks once again Gail. Just goes to show that regular maintenance can reduce a lot of headaches...:)

"Keep Trying"

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply