Strange Failure For DTS Execution

• I currently administer a SQL Server 2000 database for a client remotely through MMC. Everything works tickety boo....for me. When my client attempts to execute a Job or Execute a DTS (Sometimes) he gets a failure :-

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

If, however, the database is stopped and started the Job execution takes place as normal.

The same message is received sometimes when they try to Design a DTS Package. The problem appears intermittant and I am a little stumped coz we have looked in all the logs and can find nothing untoward.

If, as I said, we reboot or stop start the server everything will work for a few days, then it all stops again.

Does anyone have a clue?

What is very strange is that I am able to do whatever I want and never get this failure, despite connecting with the same DB User Id.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Does Your client and you have same verison of Enterprise Manager on your clinet machines? DTS acts strange with different verison of EM on different machines.

• Same Versions!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply