Strange Problem with Script task in SSIS package

• Just began to have 2 problems when using script tasks inside of an SSIS package...

Using VS 2005

1. The code disappears. I will add code to a script task, save it, close the project. When I return to the code section, it is like nothing was ever saved. All the default code is present (i.e., as if you were adding a new script task)

2. Occasionally I place a MsgBox command in the script just to see the value of a variable. The code appears to ignore the Msgbox...

• Are there multiple packages within the project? If so it the problem happening in a package called by one of the other packages?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• No other packages within the project...

• I would make sure that you have installed the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005 and BIDS which would be SP3. Install this and then see if you are having the same issue or not.

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 (SP3) – now available

You can verify the version by opening BIDS (Visual Studio 2005) and under the Help file menu select the About Microsoft Visual Studio. Then scroll down in the list to select one of the SQL Server Designers and select it to see the version number in the Product Details section. Make sure you are on at least 9.00.4035.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply